List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:March 24 2010 11:56pm
Subject:Re: MySQL cluster- migrating from WIndows to Linux
View as plain text
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:45:57 +0530, "Subodh Nair" <subodhnair@stripped>
wrote:
> We currently MySQL 5 node cluster (mysql-5.1.34 ndb-7.0.6) on windows
> 2003 server for a mission critical production data center. Is it
> possible to migrate this cluster to Linux on a node by node rolling
> restart method without any downtime for the cluster as a whole. Please
> help.
> Will the MySQL cluster work if I replace one of the windows based
>
> Data nodes with a Linux based Data node. Will they synchronize?

I should add something... at least to my knowledge (which is possibly
about a year out of date) there hasn't been explicit and extensive
testing of this exact procedure. However, the very first NDB on Windows
environments were mixed platform ones (some nodes Windows, some Linux)
and there's nothing in the protocols going over the network that should
have anything to do with Windows vs Linux.

But I certainly would say it should all work and would be quite
surprised if it didn't.

--
Stewart Smith
Thread