List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:March 24 2010 11:52pm
Subject:Re: MySQL cluster- migrating from WIndows to Linux
View as plain text
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:45:57 +0530, "Subodh Nair" <subodhnair@stripped>
wrote:
> We currently MySQL 5 node cluster (mysql-5.1.34 ndb-7.0.6) on windows
> 2003 server for a mission critical production data center. Is it
> possible to migrate this cluster to Linux on a node by node rolling
> restart method without any downtime for the cluster as a whole. Please
> help.
> Will the MySQL cluster work if I replace one of the windows based
>
> Data nodes with a Linux based Data node. Will they synchronize?

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.... Although do *not* do an
upgrade at the same time. Use exactly the same version (7.0.6). This
will minimise the change.

If you want to be sure, do a test in a non-production environment first
(that's good advice anyway).

Replacing each node in turn with a Linux box configured correctly should
"just work".

Let us know how you go,
--
Stewart Smith