List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:petya Date:March 17 2010 3:14pm
Subject:Re: Replication from a cluster
View as plain text
Hi,

Yes, this works.

Statement based replication will also work, but in that case, you will
only have binlogs on one mysql node, so if it fails, you won't be able
to replicate.

If you use row based replication you will use cluster binlog. It means
that every binlogs event will be on every mysql node (the binlog
injector thread does this), so if one of your nodes fail, you can change
the master node to the other one.

On the mysql nodes, you may want to set ndb_log_update_as_write=0,
otherwise you will get duplicate key entries for the update statements
on the slave. You can also achieve this by running the slaves in
idempotent mode.

Peter

On 03/17/2010 04:08 PM, Savino, Candice wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What would be the most stable way of moving data from a cluster to a read
> only db?  If I did row based replication from ndb to an innodb engine is
> that stable?  I know that statement based replication will not work with
> ndb.  Is it more stable to do row based replication from a cluster to a read
> only cluster?
>
> Thank you,
> Candice

Thread
Replication from a clusterCandice Savino17 Mar
  • Re: Replication from a clusterpetya17 Mar
    • Re: Replication from a clusterStewart Smith24 Mar
  • RE: Replication from a clusterAndrew Morgan17 Mar
  • Re: Replication from a clusterStewart Smith24 Mar
    • Re: Replication from a clusterHartmut Holzgraefe24 Mar
      • Re: Replication from a clusterStewart Smith25 Mar