List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Stephens Date:March 9 2010 11:30am
Subject:Re: Problem when adding new data nodes to MySQL Cluster
View as plain text
Andrew Morgan wrote:
> Hi Anand,
>
> This doesn't directly address your question but from MySQL Cluster
> 7.0 onwards, there is a procedure for adding nodes on-line (no loss
> of service or data) - the steps are explained in the white paper at
> http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/white-papers/mysql_wp_cluster7_architecture.php

This information can also be found in the Manual:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-online-add-node.html

cheers

jon.

> Regards, Andrew.
>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Anand Sriraman
>> [mailto:indianapple89@stripped] Sent: 09 March 2010 06:18 To:
>> MySQL Cluster Mailing List Subject: Problem when adding new data
>> nodes to MySQL Cluster
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Originally, I had 2 data nodes, 2 SQL nodes (installed on 2
>> machines - one data and SQL node per machine) and 1 Management
>> node. This setup was working perfectly. Then I added 2 more data
>> and SQL nodes to the cluster ( on 2 machines, again with the same
>> configuration), with one of the nodes being the Management node.
>>
>> So now I have the following config: Node 1 - Mgmt, Data & SQL Node
>> 2 - Data & SQL Node 3 - Data & SQL Node 4 - Data & SQL
>>
>> Before adding the new nodes we shut down the whole cluster, updated
>> the config.ini file and then started the mgmt node with --initial
>> option. The first time we ran the Cluster with this new config, all
>> the nodes connected properly and we didn't have a problem. Then we
>> restarted all 4 machines and started all the processes again.
>>
>> This time when we started the data nodes, they gave confirmation
>> that the Configuration was fetched properly from the Mgmt node.
>> However, at the management node when we tried to run the show
>> command, we got the following error:
>>

>> [root@spade1 ~]# ndb_mgmd --initial -f /var/lib/mysql-
>> cluster/config.ini 2010-03-04 12:04:02 [MgmtSrvr] INFO     -- NDB
>> Cluster Management Server. mysql-5.1.39 ndb-7.0.9b 2010-03-04
>> 12:04:02 [MgmtSrvr] INFO     -- Reading cluster configuration from
>> '/var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini' [root@spade1 ~]# ndb_mgm
>>
>> -- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
>>
>> ndb_mgm> show Warning, event thread startup failed, degraded
>> printouts as result, errno=115 Connected to Management Server at:
>> localhost:1186
>>
>> Got SIGPIPE!
>>

>> Could not get status
>>
>> ndb_mgm>
>>

>> When I looked this errno 115 on google, I got references to posts
>> stating maybe this was some kind of data node failure. What should
>> I do in this case?
>>
>> P.S. When starting the data nodes right after installation ( before
>>  restarting the machines ) , I may have forgotted to give the
>> --initial option for the existing data nodes and just given it to
>> the new data nodes. But as I didn't get a problem before the
>> restart I didn't think this was the issue. After that I've tried to
>> give the --initial option to all data nodes but the management node
>> still doesn't work properly.
>>

>> -- Anand
>
> -- MySQL Cluster Mailing List For list archives:

Jon Stephens - jon.stephens@stripped
Technical Writer
MySQL Documentation Team
Sun Microsystems AB
MySQL and Software Infrastructure Group
Liljeholmen (Stockholm), Sweden
Summer: UTC +02.00 / Winter: UTC +01.00
Mobile: +46 (0) 736 773 993
Skype: plastic-fish
MySQL: www.mysql.com
Sun: www.sun.com

Thread
Problem when adding new data nodes to MySQL ClusterAnand Sriraman9 Mar
RE: Problem when adding new data nodes to MySQL ClusterAndrew Morgan9 Mar
  • Re: Problem when adding new data nodes to MySQL ClusterJon Stephens9 Mar