List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<krolland Date:January 29 2010 3:15pm
Subject:issues with alter command for ndbcluster - error 1073 indexing on text field
View as plain text
HI,

                I am having some problems with some of the table in our
database in NDB clustering.  We started testing with a test table and got
the results below with error 1073.  Does NDB cluster limit indexing on any
text field?  Any insight will be appreciated.

create table test (t1 text, index i1_test(t1(10)));

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.03 sec)

show create table test;

+-------+-------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------+

+-------+-------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------+

| test  | CREATE TABLE `test` (

  `t1` text,

  KEY `i1_test` (`t1`(10))

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 |

+-------+-------------------------------------------------------------------

1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> alter table test ENGINE=NDBCLUSTER;

ERROR 1073 (42000): BLOB column 't1' can't be used in key specification with
the used table type

Thanks,

Ken Rolland

Thread
issues with alter command for ndbcluster - error 1073 indexing on text fieldkrolland29 Jan
  • Re: issues with alter command for ndbcluster - error 1073 indexing ontext fieldAndrew Hutchings29 Jan