List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olivier Kaloudoff Date:September 29 2004 7:19am
Subject:Re: is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?
View as plain text
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Clint Byrum wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 07:28, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>> Can I use cluster MySQL with High Availability's heartbeat & Co,
>> or would these be only fighting each other? The node number is 2..4.
>>

> The only place I see for heartbeat is in controlling a load balancer for
> your API nodes. For that, ldirectord and ipvs/lvs should be quite
> effective.

Why would you want to monitor DB Nodes using heartbeat ?

The Management node is the place to put monitoring on, as
it gathers all data from all DB Nodes, to my oppignon.

Extracting monitoring information directly from the management
node allow direct text operations while coding the "monitor".

Ok, supposing that you monitor directly the DB Nodes, what about
mysqlping enabled version ? is there such a tool already ?

Olivier
Thread
is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?Eugen Leitl28 Sep
  • Re: is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?Clint Byrum28 Sep
    • Re: is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?Chad Martin28 Sep
      • Problems within documentationSharad Maloo29 Sep
    • Re: is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?Olivier Kaloudoff29 Sep
      • Re: is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?Eugen Leitl29 Sep