List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Skold Date:January 29 2010 10:52am
Subject:Re: Antwort: Re: howto implement a fifo queue in MySQL Cluster ?
View as plain text
Hi!

How exactly are the INSERT statements done?
How many clients?

BR
-- Martin

Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have already set ndb_autoincrement_prefetch_sz to 1. It does not force
> order.
> What I get is this:
>
> ID DATE_INSERT
> -------------------------------------
> 14757, '2010-01-29 10:15:51'
> 14756, '2010-01-29 10:15:50'
> 14755, '2010-01-29 10:15:50'
> 14721, '2010-01-29 10:15:50'
> 14720, '2010-01-29 10:15:50'
> 14719, '2010-01-29 10:15:50'
> 14739, '2010-01-29 10:13:37'
> 14738, '2010-01-29 10:13:37'
> 14737, '2010-01-29 10:13:37'
> 14736, '2010-01-29 10:13:37'
>
> kind regards
>
> Hendrik Woltersdorf
> XCOM AG
> Tel.: 0375/27008-580
> Tel. mobil: 0178/5710078
> Email: Hendrik.Woltersdorf@stripped
>
> Inactive hide details for Martin Skold ---29.01.2010
> 11:14:58---Hi!Martin Skold ---29.01.2010 11:14:58---Hi!
>
>                         *Martin Skold <Martin.Skold@stripped>*
>                         Gesendet von: Martin.Skold@stripped
>
>                         29.01.2010 11:13
>

> An
>
> Hendrik Woltersdorf <hendrik.woltersdorf@stripped>
>
> Kopie
>
> cluster@stripped
>
> Thema
>
> Re: howto implement a fifo queue in MySQL Cluster ?
>

> Hi!
>
> Autoincrement values are inserted in order, but we prefetch
> series of values to get better performance. So if you are
> inserting from several connections (or mysqld's) you will
> not get a total ordering. If you want that you can set
> ndb_autoincrement_prefetch_sz to 1 should force order.
> This will, however, degrade performance for inserts.
>
> BR
> -- Martin
> Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:
>  > Hi all,
>  >
>  > how do I implement a fifo queue in MySQL Cluster ?
>  >
>  > What I want to do:
>  >
>  > I write inserts and updates to some tables with triggers into a queue.
>  > These rows have to be read and processed in chronological order.
>  > My first attempt was to use a table with an autoincrement column as the
>  > primary key. But tests show, that these autoincrement values are not
>  > inserted in chronological order. A datetime column does not help either,
>  > because it is by far not precise enough, and it depends on the
>  > synchronization of the clocks of the different sql node machines.
>  >
>  > Any ideas, how to read these data rows in chronological order ?
>  >
>  > The second best idea is, to use "select max(PK)+1", but this will cause
>  > lots of duplicate key errors.
>  >
>  > I am using MySQL Cluster version 7.0.7 with 2 data nodes, 2 management
>  > nodes and 2 sql nodes.
> [...]
Thread
howto implement a fifo queue in MySQL Cluster ?Hendrik Woltersdorf29 Jan
  • Re: howto implement a fifo queue in MySQL Cluster ?Martin Skold29 Jan
    • Antwort: Re: howto implement a fifo queue in MySQL Cluster ?Hendrik Woltersdorf29 Jan
      • Re: Antwort: Re: howto implement a fifo queue in MySQL Cluster ?Martin Skold29 Jan