List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yannis Tsakiris Date:September 29 2004 7:50am
Subject:Re: Can't lock table error
View as plain text
Hi everybody,
It happened again (the problem with the "can't lock table" errors).
Here is the output of the ndb_mgm program when the cluster is in this
situation:

-- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
Connecting to Management Server: 10.3.90.2:2200
NDB> show
Cluster Configuration
---------------------
[ndbd(NDB)]     2 node(s)
id=3   (Version: 3.5.1, Nodegroup: 0, Master)
id=4    @10.3.90.2  (Version: 3.5.1, Nodegroup: 0)
[ndb_mgmd(MGM)] 2 node(s)
id=1   (Version: 3.5.1)
id=2    @127.0.0.1  (Version: 3.5.1)
[mysqld(API)]   2 node(s)
id=5   (Version: 3.5.1)
id=6    @10.3.90.2  (Version: 3.5.1)
NDB> all status
Node 3: started (Version 3.5.1)
Node 4: started (Version 3.5.1)

I dont see something strange, though? Do you?
I also checked again the mgm logs and I can't see something like lost of
connection between db and api. This time I restarted one of the two MySQL
servers (notice that all nodes was up and running, no process stops, the
tables are just not available), and I saw that the problem was resolved. So
the conclusion is that when the ndb cluster stops giving access to the
table, I have to restart any of the DB or API nodes.
I want the ndb cluster fully functional all of the time. The only solution I
can think at this moment is two have a crontab job that will restart the
nodes when it cannot access the tables. I believe this is a bad solution.
Please help me with a better one...
Regards,
Yannis Tsakiris