List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Clint Byrum Date:September 28 2004 4:49pm
Subject:Re: is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?
View as plain text
On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 07:28, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> Can I use cluster MySQL with High Availability's heartbeat & Co,
> or would these be only fighting each other? The node number is 2..4.

The only place I see for heartbeat is in controlling a load balancer for
your API nodes. For that, ldirectord and ipvs/lvs should be quite
effective.

For the db nodes and mgm nodes, simple monitoring that they are up
should be sufficient. If you want more redundancy for your data you'd be
better off just having 3 replicas and running more db nodes.

Developers: It would be kind of cool if queries got split up evenly
between replica nodes somehow, maybe through some sort of range
selection. It would be even cooler if this was already implemented and I
just didn't know about it... ;)

Thread
is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?Eugen Leitl28 Sep
  • Re: is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?Clint Byrum28 Sep
    • Re: is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?Chad Martin28 Sep
      • Problems within documentationSharad Maloo29 Sep
    • Re: is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?Olivier Kaloudoff29 Sep
      • Re: is cluster compatible with HA's heartbeat?Eugen Leitl29 Sep