List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Stephens Date:January 14 2010 7:22am
Subject:Re: MySQL Cluster MaxNoOfTables limit overcome
View as plain text
Manasi Save wrote:
> Dear Pekka,
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
> But do you have any idea about if normal mysql has any such limitation
> of NumberOfTables.

See http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?79,158,165

My experience is that, 9 times out of 10, when someone asks this
question, it means their database design is not normalised.

If your design includes a great many tables that are identical (or
nearly so), that's a dead giveaway that this is exactly the case.

cheers

jon.

--

Jon Stephens - jon.stephens@stripped
Technical Writer

Thread
MySQL Cluster MaxNoOfTables limit overcomeManasi Save13 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Cluster MaxNoOfTables limit overcomePekka Nousiainen13 Jan
Re: MySQL Cluster MaxNoOfTables limit overcomeManasi Save13 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Cluster MaxNoOfTables limit overcomePekka Nousiainen13 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Cluster MaxNoOfTables limit overcomeJon Stephens14 Jan
    • RE: MySQL Cluster MaxNoOfTables limit overcomeJeff Sturm14 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Cluster MaxNoOfTables limit overcomeGeert Vanderkelen14 Jan