List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Geert Vanderkelen Date:January 14 2010 7:19am
Subject:Re: Network Traffic by SQL node to access Data node present on same
machine
View as plain text
Anand,

On Jan 14, 2010, at 06:57 , Anand Sriraman wrote:
..
> I have configured a 4 node cluster such that I have 3 nodes running both a
> Data and API node and the 4th one running the management node.

Correction: you have 4 machines which are running processes, i.e. nodes. In MySQL Cluster
'a node' is a process, not a machine!

But you can't possibly running 3 data nodes. Either 2 or 4 (or more to the power of 2),
but not 3.
Or you are using NoOfReplicas=1 (==no HA)?

> Now my question is, when I query an API node for data, and assuming that the
> data I need is available on the Data node of the same machine, what sort of
> network accesses will be performed by the API node?

The API/SQL Nodes are connecting to a data node in a round-robin way. This data node will
be the transaction co-ordinator. So it can be any of the data nodes you have, and it will
access them through TCP/IP.
I hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Geert

--
Geert Vanderkelen, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
Sun Microsystems GmbH     Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel
Vorsitz d. Aufs.rat.: Martin Haering                    HRB MUC 161028

Thread
Network Traffic by SQL node to access Data node present on same machineAnand Sriraman14 Jan
  • Re: Network Traffic by SQL node to access Data node present on samemachineGeert Vanderkelen14 Jan
    • Re: Network Traffic by SQL node to access Data node present on same machineAnand Sriraman14 Jan
      • Re: Network Traffic by SQL node to access Data node present on samemachineAndrew Hutchings14 Jan