List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:January 14 2010 7:09am
Subject:Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulation
View as plain text
On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 02:50:41AM -0500, Manasi Save wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea if I can manipulate NDBCluster table at OS level.
>
> What I want to do is I want to copy-paste database file of NDB Database file.
> Like the way we can do with InnoDB. by just putting dummy data definition and we can
> overwrite file with actual records.

You cannot reasonably do this with NDB.

All data is in the data nodes file system (ndb_X_fs/).

You could not possibly do this as an online operation.

The data in other support files in the file system would also be...
tricky to manipulate even when everything is offline.

Why isn't NDB backup and restore or CREATE TABLE LIKE SELECT good enough?

--
Stewart Smith
Thread
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationStewart Smith14 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationAndrew Hutchings7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationTom Hanlon7 Jan