List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthew Montgomery Date:January 9 2010 4:22pm
Subject:Re: Time difference between MySQL Cluster create table and other
storage engines
View as plain text
On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 09:08 +0000, Andrew Hutchings wrote:
> Hello Manasi,
>
> > I am creating tables using mysql NDB Storage Engine overall there are
> > 12 tables which I am creating thorugh  stored procedure:
>
> > There is a big time difference between the creation of table on
> > different storage engines. and I am unable to trace the problem:
> >

> > When I am creating those tables with MyIsAm :- It is taking 0.12 Sec
> >
> > When I am creating those tables with InnoDB :- It is taking 0.42 Sec
> >
> > and When I am creating those tables with NDB :- It is taking 4.25 Sec
>
> > Is it because ndb is giving me response after it writes the same
> > create table statement on both the data nodes.

There are also so several points during DDL operations where
synchronization is required.  GCP is used as the synchronization
mechanism here.  If you reduce TimeBetweenGlobalCheckpoints the DDL may
complete faster.

--
Matthew Montgomery
MySQL Senior Support Engineer

Thread
Time difference between MySQL Cluster create table and otherstorage enginesManasi Save9 Jan
  • Re: Time difference between MySQL Cluster create table and otherstorage enginesAndrew Hutchings9 Jan
    • Re: Time difference between MySQL Cluster create table and otherstorage enginesMatthew Montgomery9 Jan
  • Re: Time difference between MySQL Cluster create table and otherstorage enginesStewart Smith14 Jan