List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Hutchings Date:January 9 2010 9:08am
Subject:Re: Time difference between MySQL Cluster create table and other
storage engines
View as plain text
Hello Manasi,

> I am creating tables using mysql NDB Storage Engine overall there are
> 12 tables which I am creating thorugh  stored procedure:

> There is a big time difference between the creation of table on
> different storage engines. and I am unable to trace the problem:
>

> When I am creating those tables with MyIsAm :- It is taking 0.12 Sec
>
> When I am creating those tables with InnoDB :- It is taking 0.42 Sec
>
> and When I am creating those tables with NDB :- It is taking 4.25 Sec

> Is it because ndb is giving me response after it writes the same
> create table statement on both the data nodes.

This is normal at the moment, metadata operations in cluster are quite
complex on cluster so can take several seconds.  I believe there is a
plan to improve this, see "High Level Architecture" (especially point 6)
at:

http://forge.mysql.com/worklog/task.php?id=3600

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Hutchings, MySQL Support Engineer, Americas
Sun Microsystems, United Kingdom

Thread
Time difference between MySQL Cluster create table and otherstorage enginesManasi Save9 Jan
  • Re: Time difference between MySQL Cluster create table and otherstorage enginesAndrew Hutchings9 Jan
    • Re: Time difference between MySQL Cluster create table and otherstorage enginesMatthew Montgomery9 Jan
  • Re: Time difference between MySQL Cluster create table and otherstorage enginesStewart Smith14 Jan