List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Hutchings Date:January 7 2010 7:47pm
Subject:Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulation
View as plain text
Hello Tom.

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 14:13 -0500, Tom Hanlon wrote:
> have you looked at the cluster file system while tables are created. It
> looks like a datadictionary is stored and a directory per table. Create
> a cluster table, and you will see a new directory created here..
>
> root@localhost mysql-cluster]# ls -alF ndb_2_fs/D1/DBDICT/

> I doubt these structures are easilly manipulated manually, but that is
> what you would have to do.

Correct, and in fact it is even more complex than that.  D1 will be from
one of 2 LCPs (the other being D2) so you would need to figure out which
is the last good LCP and insert it there.  You also may well need to
fake LCP data for each table (even if it is empty), manipulate the DBDIH
files to point out which fragments belong to the table and add fragment
log data for the table (D8-11).

Don't forget you will need to do this on all nodes to keep consistency.

Seriously, it is so much easier to do "CREATE TABLE" ;)

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Hutchings, MySQL Support Engineer, Americas
Sun Microsystems, United Kingdom

Thread
MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save31 Dec
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationPekka Nousiainen31 Dec
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationTom Hanlon1 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationStewart Smith14 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationStewart Smith14 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationAndrew Hutchings7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationTom Hanlon7 Jan