List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tom Hanlon Date:January 7 2010 7:33pm
Subject:Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulation
View as plain text
Andrew Hutchings wrote:
> Hello Manasi,
>
> On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 01:24 -0500, Manasi Save wrote:
>> I think you misunderstood my problem.
>>
>> I have NDB cluster installed and its fully functional. What I want is I
>> need to create tables at OS level by copy pasting .frm and .ndb files.
>> or the way innodb supports overwriting them.
>
> MySQL gets ndb scehmas from the data nodes.  This means that tables
> MySQL sees have to be created using the "CREATE TABLE" syntax or it will
> just automatically remove the .frm and .ndb files or errors will occur
> depending on what queries you run.  This is because they reference
> cluster tables which not in the data nodes.
>
> Kind Regards

Manasi,

 From an NDB-API point of view, there are plenty of docs.. And I think
ndb-api is going to be the closest you get to "manipulate File objects
to create cluster tables"

Here are the docs..

Data dictionary information.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/ndbapi/en/class-ndbdictionary.html

And table creation..
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/ndbapi/en/class-table-methods.html#class-table-constructor

Note of course...

2.3.21.2.1. Table Constructor

Description.  Creates a Table instance. There are two version of the
Table constructor, one for creating a new instance, and a copy constructor.
Important

Tables created in the NDB API using this method are not accessible from
MySQL.

However I suspect that hacking some frm files might get you there.

To MySQLD a table is an .frm file, to cluster a table is an object in
the data dictionary. Manipulate the two separately so that they
coincide, and you _might_ get the functionality you seek.

*note* I am skeptical, but curious.

--

Tom Hanlon
Certified MySQL DBA

Thread
MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save31 Dec
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationPekka Nousiainen31 Dec
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationTom Hanlon1 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationStewart Smith14 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationStewart Smith14 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationAndrew Hutchings7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationTom Hanlon7 Jan