List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Hutchings Date:January 7 2010 7:22am
Subject:Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulation
View as plain text
Hello Manasi,

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 01:24 -0500, Manasi Save wrote:
> I think you misunderstood my problem.
>
> I have NDB cluster installed and its fully functional. What I want is I
> need to create tables at OS level by copy pasting .frm and .ndb files.
> or the way innodb supports overwriting them.

MySQL gets ndb scehmas from the data nodes.  This means that tables
MySQL sees have to be created using the "CREATE TABLE" syntax or it will
just automatically remove the .frm and .ndb files or errors will occur
depending on what queries you run.  This is because they reference
cluster tables which not in the data nodes.

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Hutchings, MySQL Support Engineer, Americas
Sun Microsystems, United Kingdom

Thread
MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save31 Dec
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationPekka Nousiainen31 Dec
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationTom Hanlon1 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationStewart Smith14 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationStewart Smith14 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationAndrew Hutchings7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationTom Hanlon7 Jan