List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Suresh Kuna Date:January 7 2010 5:35am
Subject:Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulation
View as plain text
Check whether the NDB engine enabled in the MySQLD server or not using show
engines.

Thanks
Suresh Kuna
MySQL DBA

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Manasi Save <
manasi.save@stripped> wrote:

> Dear Tom,
>
> Whatever you thought is right about what I want.
> But can anyone provide me any solution on this. Well I want to create quite
> a few databases which will be in NDB so, I really cannot do it mannually
> creating them..... Is there any way using which I can manipulate this on OS
> level?
>
>  --
> Manasi Save
>

> Quoting Tom Hanlon <Tom.Hanlon@stripped>:
>
>> Pekka Nousiainen wrote:
>> level. >
>> > Short and sweet: no. >
>> file. >> Like the way we can do with InnoDB. by just putting dummy data
>> definition and
>> we can overwrite file with actual records. >
>> > I don't know InnoDB (except as Oracle imitation). > Not sure what above
>> means, tablespaces?
>> >
>> I think I know what he means...
>> To MySQLD a table exists because there is an .frm file (more or less)
>>
>> So in a MyISAM example I can clone a table by
>>
>> mv tablename.frm newtable.frm  (this defines the table)
>> mv tablename.MYD newtable.MYD (the data is in this file)
>> mv tablename.MYI newtable.MYI (the indexes are in here)
>>
>> In innodb although I have not tried I believe the Original Poster is
>> implying that you could do the same, assuming innodb file per table.
>>
>> mv tablename.frm newtable.frm  (this defines the table)
>> mv tablename.IBD newtable.IBD (the data is in this file)
>>
>> Moving Innodb tables around like this _might_ work, I have not tried. The
>> risk is that the additional information regarding innodb that is
>> stored in the log files. I guess if the server has shut down cleanly..
>> then you would get a clean copy. Or come to think of it the undo-redo
>> information might be part of the tablespace itself. Regardless I think
>> this is the operation that the original poster is discussing.
>> Okay, now with cluster.. Each sql node does have an frm file.. Copy and
>> rename those.. Storage
>> engine is defined there.
>> Then on each ndb.. after a shutdown or a checkpoint what is the disk
>> based representation of a table and is the name of any significance ? If
>> I renamed these files do they represent another table ? I doubt it but
>> at least now a cluster expert can tell us whether it would work or not.
>> Also the table is partitioned so each node has a partition of the data,
>> it sure does not seem likely to work.. But perhaps I have clarified the
>> Original posters intent... or perhaps not.
>> -- Tom Hanlon
>> Certified MySQL DBA
>> Certified Cloudera Certified Hadoop Professional (CCHP)
>>

>> -- MySQL Cluster Mailing List
>> For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/cluster
>> To unsubscribe:
>> http://lists.mysql.com/cluster?unsub=1

Thanks
Suresh Kuna
MySQL DBA

Thread
MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save31 Dec
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationPekka Nousiainen31 Dec
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationTom Hanlon1 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationStewart Smith14 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationStewart Smith14 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationAndrew Hutchings7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationTom Hanlon7 Jan