List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manasi Save Date:January 7 2010 4:07am
Subject:Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulation
View as plain text
Dear Tom,

Whatever you thought is right about what I want.

But can anyone provide me any solution on this. Well I want to create
quite a few databases which will be in NDB so, I really cannot do it
mannually creating them.....
Is there any way using which I can manipulate this on OS level?

  --
Manasi Save

Quoting Tom Hanlon <Tom.Hanlon@stripped>:
> Pekka Nousiainen wrote:
> > On 091231, Manasi Save wrote:
> >> Does anyone have any idea if I can manipulate NDBCluster table at
> OS level.
> >
> > Short and sweet: no.
> >
> >> What I want to do is I want to copy-paste database file of NDB
> Database file.
> >> Like the way we can do with InnoDB. by just putting dummy data
> definition and
> we can overwrite file with actual records.
> >
> > I don't know InnoDB (except as Oracle imitation).
> > Not sure what above means, tablespaces?
> >
> I think I know what he means...
>
> To MySQLD a table exists because there is an .frm file (more or less)
>
> So in a MyISAM example I can clone a table by
>
> mv tablename.frm newtable.frm  (this defines the table)
> mv tablename.MYD newtable.MYD (the data is in this file)
> mv tablename.MYI newtable.MYI (the indexes are in here)
>
> In innodb although I have not tried I believe the Original Poster is
> implying that you could do the same, assuming innodb file per table.
>

> mv tablename.frm newtable.frm  (this defines the table)
> mv tablename.IBD newtable.IBD (the data is in this file)
>
> Moving Innodb tables around like this _might_ work, I have not tried.
> The risk is that the additional information regarding innodb that is
> stored in the log files. I guess if the server has shut down cleanly..
> then you would get a clean copy. Or come to think of it the undo-redo
> information might be part of the tablespace itself. Regardless I think
> this is the operation that the original poster is discussing.
>
> Okay, now with cluster..
> Each sql node does have an frm file.. Copy and rename those.. Storage
> engine is defined there.
>
> Then on each ndb.. after a shutdown or a checkpoint what is the disk
> based representation of a table and is the name of any significance ? If
> I renamed these files do they represent another table ? I doubt it but
> at least now a cluster expert can tell us whether it would work or not.
>
> Also the table is partitioned so each node has a partition of the data,
> it sure does not seem likely to work.. But perhaps I have clarified the
> Original posters intent... or perhaps not.
>
> -- Tom Hanlon
> Certified MySQL DBA
> Certified Cloudera Certified Hadoop Professional (CCHP)
>

> -- MySQL Cluster Mailing List
> To unsubscribe:

MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save31 Dec
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationPekka Nousiainen31 Dec
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationTom Hanlon1 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationStewart Smith14 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationManasi Save7 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationSuresh Kuna7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationStewart Smith14 Jan
  • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationAndrew Hutchings7 Jan
    • Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Table definition manipulationTom Hanlon7 Jan