List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Ronström Date:July 1 2004 4:11pm
Subject:Re: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?
View as plain text
Hi Alejandro,

2004-07-01 kl. 17.48 skrev Alejandro J. Ramírez:

> Hi Mikael,
>
> 	So if the API goes down it is not transparent for the
> application that needs to run on the Cluster? For example people were
> talking about having a webserver on each node... if one webserver goes
> down, you would have to have some rule (metric?) that tells people
> trying to get to that webserver, that they should try other ip address
> (Other webserver on the cluster) for reaching that same service? This
> might be a little out of the scope of the mailing list but I am trying
> to figure out a useful way of using the cluster.

If a web server goes down I presume there are tools, HW and so forth
available
to balance over the load on other web servers so I think integrating
MySQL servers
with web server should work out fine even without failover between
MySQL client
and MySQL server. Not my expertise area though.

Using Connector/J (MySQL JDBC driver) fail-over to another MySQL server
is already
supported. It can be done fairly easily using Perl DBI. MySQL .Net
Connector will get the
feature in a not so distant future and at some point in time it will be
integrated into libmysql such
that the remaining MySQL connectors will also support fail-over to
another MySQL server
at failure of the MySQL server connection.

Rgrds Mikael

> Thanks!
>
> Alejandro Ramírez

ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul
  • Re: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Mikael Ronström1 Jul
    • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul
      • Re: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Mikael Ronström1 Jul
        • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul
          • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Johan Andersson1 Jul
            • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul