List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:September 27 2004 5:34pm
Subject:Re: replication question
View as plain text

Mikael Ronström wrote:

> MySQL replication can be used with MySQL Cluster if all updates are
> performed
> from one MySQL server in the Master. Since MySQL replication is
> replicating
> SQL statements it is not possible to create the correct order of
> events on the
> slave side if several MySQL servers simultaneously updates the same data.
>
> It is possible also to use MySQL replication for MySQL Cluster with
> several MySQL
> servers if each server replicates disjunct parts.

If I had a cluster of, say, 4 DB nodes (NoOfReplicas=2) then this would
mean that to replicate, I would need another 4 DB nodes, each configured
to replicate from a single one of the primary group, right? If so,
that's perfect for what we would want. We currently use bidirectional
replication with innodb tables (M<=>M) but only send updates to one of
the masters at any given time. This makes fail over very easy. Would a
similar setup be possible with a cluster?

Thanks,
Devananda
Neopets, Inc
Thread
replication questionJim Hoadley14 Sep
  • Re: replication questionMikael Ronström24 Sep
    • Re: replication questionDevananda27 Sep
      • Re: replication questionMagnus Svensson28 Sep
Re: replication questionIgor25 Sep