List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:September 27 2004 4:35pm
Subject:Re: nightly crashing
View as plain text
Tomas --

That's great news. Let me know when the fix is in a nightly
snapshot. Very exciting to think that this problem I've been
experiencing for 2 months may be solved.

-- Jim Hoadley
   Sr Software Eng
   Dealer Fusion Inc

--- Tomas Ulin <tomas@stripped> wrote:

> Jim,
>
> We have located the memory leak which probably caused your problems.
>
> This fix (together with some other) is now going through internal
> testing and will be available once this is done.
>
> BR,
>
> Tomas
>
> Jim Hoadley wrote:
>
> >I'm attaching a file showing free memory statistics on EDSEL. The file
> >begins when the NDB and API nodes are started and continues past where
> >the NDB node crashes (after about 13 hours).
> >
> >I should mention that for testing I'm using a single table in the
> >MySQL test database with only 6 records. So this is a tiny, tiny database.
> >
> >Also I should mention that on another machine I'm running a loop in bash
> >that connects with 7 clients and asks "SELECT * FROM ...", sleeps 1 second
> >and repeats.
> >
> >-- Jim Hoadley
> >   Sr Software Eng
> >   Dealer Fusion Inc.

> >Declare Yourself - Register online to vote today!
> >http://vote.yahoo.com

> >This body part will be downloaded on demand.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
Thread
Re: nightly crashingJim Hoadley1 Sep
  • Re: nightly crashingJim Hoadley1 Sep
    • Can't Init DatabaseSharad Maloo2 Sep
      • Re: Can't Init DatabaseOlivier Kaloudoff2 Sep
        • Re: Can't Init DatabaseSharad Maloo2 Sep
          • Re: Can't Init DatabaseTomas Ulin2 Sep
      • Re: Can't Init DatabaseWouter de Jong2 Sep
        • Re: Can't Init DatabaseChad Martin2 Sep
          • Re: Can't Init DatabaseSharad Maloo2 Sep
          • Re: Can't Init DatabaseWouter de Jong3 Sep
  • Re: nightly crashingPh.D. Joseph E. Sacco1 Sep
  • Re: nightly crashingMikael Ronström2 Sep
    • Re: nightly crashingJim Hoadley22 Sep
      • Re: nightly crashingMikael Ronström23 Sep
      • Re: nightly crashingTomas Ulin23 Sep
        • Re: nightly crashingJim Hoadley23 Sep
RE: Can't Init DatabaseLuke H. Crouch2 Sep
  • Re: Can't Init DatabaseWouter de Jong3 Sep
    • Re: Can't Init DatabaseTomas Ulin3 Sep
      • Re: Can't Init Database <- solvedWouter de Jong3 Sep
        • Re: Can't Init Database <- solvedMagnus Svensson6 Sep
Re: nightly crashingJim Hoadley23 Sep
  • Re: nightly crashingTomas Ulin25 Sep
    • Re: nightly crashingJim Hoadley27 Sep
      • Re: nightly crashingTomas Ulin28 Sep