List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Magnus Svensson Date:September 25 2004 3:15pm
Subject:Re: Unable to Start Cluster
View as plain text
Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

The problem occurs when the ndbd process is opening up a TCP/IP server socket
which it will use to recieve connections from the other ndb nodes.

The setup of that socket fails for some reason, it could be that you have
specifed the full domain in the Hostname parameter, could you please try to
skip the chessmaniac.com and make sure that you start the ndbd process on the
host  "ndbd-2". Or it could also be that port 28002 is already is occupied by
another process.  You can try "netstat | grep 28002" to see status of the port.
Also please double check that the hostname is correct and that name resolution
works properly, which I guess it does since this error occured after the ndbd
process had already connected to the ndb_mgmd on host "ndb_mgmd"

If the problem still exists we need more information, like your operating
system
and version of mysql. In ndb_mgm you can type the command "SHOW" to get info
how the cluster is configured, please send that over.

If this does not work (and you're waiting for areplu from us), I recomend you
download the latest source. Since we got your mail we have been doing a lot of
work in this area in order to make the error messages better so it's easier for
us to diagnose these kind of problems.

Best regards
Magnus Svensson

Quoting Dennis Steele <WebMaster@stripped>:

> Here is my config.ini file.  The error message did not change when we
> changed port number.  We oringinally had this up and running but it
> would not recognize text tables.  Then we upgraded to MySQL 4.1.1 gama
> and were not able to start the cluster.  It will not go past phase 2.
>
> Dennis
>
> [COMPUTER DEFAULT]
>
> [DB DEFAULT]
> NoOfReplicas: 2
>
> [API DEFAULT]
>
> [MGM DEFAULT]
> ArbitrationRank: 2
>
> [TCP DEFAULT]
> PortNumber: 28002
>
> [COMPUTER]
> Id: 1
> Hostname: ndb-mgmd.chessmaniac.com
>
> [COMPUTER]
> Id: 2
> HostName: ndbd-2.chessmaniac.com
>
> [COMPUTER]
> Id: 3
> HostName: ndbd-3.chessmaniac.com
>
> [COMPUTER]
> Id: 4
> HostName: mysqld-4.chessmaniac.com
>
> [COMPUTER]
> Id: 5
> HostName: mysqld-5.chessmaniac.com
>
> [MGM]
> Id: 1
> ExecuteOnComputer: 1
> PortNumber: 2200
>
> [DB]
> Id: 2
> ExecuteOnComputer: 2
> FileSystemPath: /var/lib/mysql-cluster/node2/
>
> [DB]
> Id: 3
> ExecuteOnComputer: 3
> FileSystemPath: /var/lib/mysql-cluster/node3/
>
> [API]
> Id: 4
> ExecuteOnComputer: 4
>
> [API]
> Id: 5
> ExecuteOnComputer: 5
>

> Magnus Svensson wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >We need some more information, please send your config.ini so that we
> >can check your configuration and describe exactly what you did to
> >produce this problem.
> >
> >Did the error message change when you changed the portnumber?
> >

> >Best regards
> >Magnus

Magnus Svensson, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Office: +46 (0)709 164 491

Unable to Start ClusterDennis Steele13 Sep
  • Re: Unable to Start ClusterMikael Ronström14 Sep
    • Re: Unable to Start ClusterDennis Steele14 Sep
      • Re: Unable to Start ClusterMagnus Svensson15 Sep
        • Re: Unable to Start ClusterDennis Steele17 Sep
          • Re: Unable to Start ClusterMagnus Svensson25 Sep