List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Ronström Date:July 1 2004 3:32pm
Subject:Re: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?
View as plain text
Hi Alejandro,

2004-07-01 kl. 17.09 skrev Alejandro J. Ramírez:

> Hi All,
>
>             I´ve managed to successfully install the cluster in Redhat
> 9.0 (BTW Bison 1.75 does not do the trick in RH9…use 1.85, the Fedora
> RPM will do..) however I am a little confused as how the API works in
> the cluster. How would I go about using ODBC with the cluster? How
> should my app know if an API node is down to use another one?? As you
> may see I am very confused… this is my first cluster (newbie..) and I
> am
> very excited to get it to do something useful.

If API node is down it means that this particular MySQL server is down.
If MySQL
server is down your connections to that server should be down. So it
should be
discovered by some kind of error code from ODBC saying that connection
is broken.
Unfortunately not an expert in ODBC on that level so don't know exactly
where you
get error messages like that.

Rgrds Mikael

>             One more thing for everyone else trying to get the cluster
> to work.. there is a thread mostly Tomas and Matteo there… that
> explains
> how the /etc/hosts files should be configured, I found it rather
> confusing at first but then realized what Matteo was saying. In short:
>
> MGMT Node Cluster1
>
> 127.0.0.1                     localhost
> 10.34.0.1                     Cluster1
> 10.34.0.2                     Cluster2
>
> DB Node Cluster2
> 127.0.0.1                     localhost
> 10.34.0.1                     Cluster1
> 10.34.0.2                     Cluster2
>
> Simple huh? But it takes a while to guess it…
>
> Thanks,
>

> Alejandro Ramírez

Mikael Ronström, Senior Software Architect
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Clustering:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/04/14/HNmysqlcluster_1.html

ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul
  • Re: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Mikael Ronström1 Jul
    • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul
      • Re: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Mikael Ronström1 Jul
        • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul
          • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Johan Andersson1 Jul
            • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul