List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alejandro J. Ramírez Date:July 1 2004 3:09pm
Subject:ODBC and MySQL Cluster?
View as plain text

Hi All,

            I´ve managed to successfully install the cluster in Redhat
9.0 (BTW Bison 1.75 does not do the trick in RH9…use 1.85, the Fedora
RPM will do..) however I am a little confused as how the API works in
the cluster. How would I go about using ODBC with the cluster? How
should my app know if an API node is down to use another one?? As you
may see I am very confused… this is my first cluster (newbie..) and I am
very excited to get it to do something useful.

            One more thing for everyone else trying to get the cluster
to work.. there is a thread mostly Tomas and Matteo there… that explains
how the /etc/hosts files should be configured, I found it rather
confusing at first but then realized what Matteo was saying. In short:

MGMT Node Cluster1

127.0.0.1                     localhost
10.34.0.1                     Cluster1
10.34.0.2                     Cluster2

DB Node Cluster2
127.0.0.1                     localhost
10.34.0.1                     Cluster1
10.34.0.2                     Cluster2

Simple huh? But it takes a while to guess it…

Thanks,

Alejandro Ramírez

Thread
ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul
  • Re: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Mikael Ronström1 Jul
    • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul
      • Re: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Mikael Ronström1 Jul
        • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul
          • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Johan Andersson1 Jul
            • RE: ODBC and MySQL Cluster?Alejandro J .  Ramírez1 Jul