List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Andersson Date:July 1 2009 10:12am
Subject:Re: Cannot drop or create NDB table
View as plain text
Hi,
I wrote a blog post about this a couple of hours ago.
I do recommend to clear the datadirs from .frm files belonging to ndb
tables.

http://johanandersson.blogspot.com/2009/07/problems-with-frm-files-auto-discovery.html

BR
johan

Tobias Asplund wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> My guess is that the table wasn't created properly (or disappeared with
> the use of ndbd --initial on your datanodes) on the ndb side of things,
> but MySQL still thinks it should be around.
>
> mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'datadir';
>
> cd over to that directory and the subdirectory of your schema-name where
> this table "should" be.
> You'll see a contest_entry.frm file there, most likely.
> If you move that file to some other location it will probably work.
> (Or remove it - or move and then remove once verified it works like you
> want it to...)
>
> Cheers,
> Tobias
>

> Jeff Sturm wrote:
>> I have an NDB table (6.2.15) that appears to have been partially
>> created.  My problem is getting rid of it so I can re-create properly.
>>

>> In mysql, I see:
>>

>> mysql> create table contest_entry (id integer primary key);
>>
>> ERROR 1050 (42S01): Table 'contest_entry' already exists
>>

>> mysql> drop table contest_entry;
>>
>> ERROR 1051 (42S02): Unknown table 'contest_entry'
>>

>> Hmm.  Trying from NDBAPI:
>>

>> [root@dbs02 ~]# ndb_show_tables | grep promodb | grep contest_entry
>>
>> 929   UserTable            Online   Yes     promodb def
>> contest_entry
>>

>> So the table does exist, has id 929, is online, etc.  However, unlike
>> the other tables, it is lacking a TableEvent, and I still can't drop it:
>>

>> [root@dbs02 ~]# ndb_drop_table -d promodb contest_entry
>>
>> Dropping table contest_entry...
>>
>> 723: No such table existed
>>

>> NDBT_ProgramExit: 1 - Failed
>>

>> I'd fiile a bug report if I had any idea how to reproduce this.  So
>> instead I'll ask:  What might cause this?  How can I repair?  Is a full
>> shutdown likely to help, or do I have to resort to ndb_restore, or
>> worse?
>>

>> Grateful for any help,
>>

>> Jeff

Thread
Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
  • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJonas Oreland1 Jul
    • RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
      • Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableHendrik Woltersdorf1 Jul
        • RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
          • Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableHendrik Woltersdorf1 Jul
            • RE: Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
              • Re: Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJohn David Duncan1 Jul
  • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableTobias Asplund1 Jul
    • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJohan Andersson1 Jul
    • RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul