List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tobias Asplund Date:July 1 2009 9:32am
Subject:Re: Cannot drop or create NDB table
View as plain text
Hi Jeff,

My guess is that the table wasn't created properly (or disappeared with
the use of ndbd --initial on your datanodes) on the ndb side of things,
but MySQL still thinks it should be around.

mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'datadir';

cd over to that directory and the subdirectory of your schema-name where
this table "should" be.
You'll see a contest_entry.frm file there, most likely.
If you move that file to some other location it will probably work.
(Or remove it - or move and then remove once verified it works like you
want it to...)

Cheers,
Tobias

Jeff Sturm wrote:
> I have an NDB table (6.2.15) that appears to have been partially
> created.  My problem is getting rid of it so I can re-create properly.
>

> In mysql, I see:
>

> mysql> create table contest_entry (id integer primary key);
>
> ERROR 1050 (42S01): Table 'contest_entry' already exists
>

> mysql> drop table contest_entry;
>
> ERROR 1051 (42S02): Unknown table 'contest_entry'
>

> Hmm.  Trying from NDBAPI:
>

> [root@dbs02 ~]# ndb_show_tables | grep promodb | grep contest_entry
>
> 929   UserTable            Online   Yes     promodb def
> contest_entry
>

> So the table does exist, has id 929, is online, etc.  However, unlike
> the other tables, it is lacking a TableEvent, and I still can't drop it:
>

> [root@dbs02 ~]# ndb_drop_table -d promodb contest_entry
>
> Dropping table contest_entry...
>
> 723: No such table existed
>

> NDBT_ProgramExit: 1 - Failed
>

> I'd fiile a bug report if I had any idea how to reproduce this.  So
> instead I'll ask:  What might cause this?  How can I repair?  Is a full
> shutdown likely to help, or do I have to resort to ndb_restore, or
> worse?
>

> Grateful for any help,
>

> Jeff

Thread
Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
  • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJonas Oreland1 Jul
    • RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
      • Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableHendrik Woltersdorf1 Jul
        • RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
          • Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableHendrik Woltersdorf1 Jul
            • RE: Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
              • Re: Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJohn David Duncan1 Jul
  • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableTobias Asplund1 Jul
    • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJohan Andersson1 Jul
    • RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul