List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:July 1 2009 6:21am
Subject:Re: Cannot drop or create NDB table
View as plain text
have you tried ndb_drop_table ?

/Jonas

Jeff Sturm wrote:
> I have an NDB table (6.2.15) that appears to have been partially
> created.  My problem is getting rid of it so I can re-create properly.
>

> In mysql, I see:
>

> mysql> create table contest_entry (id integer primary key);
>
> ERROR 1050 (42S01): Table 'contest_entry' already exists
>

> mysql> drop table contest_entry;
>
> ERROR 1051 (42S02): Unknown table 'contest_entry'
>

> Hmm.  Trying from NDBAPI:
>

> [root@dbs02 ~]# ndb_show_tables | grep promodb | grep contest_entry
>
> 929   UserTable            Online   Yes     promodb def
> contest_entry
>

> So the table does exist, has id 929, is online, etc.  However, unlike
> the other tables, it is lacking a TableEvent, and I still can't drop it:
>

> [root@dbs02 ~]# ndb_drop_table -d promodb contest_entry
>
> Dropping table contest_entry...
>
> 723: No such table existed
>

> NDBT_ProgramExit: 1 - Failed
>

> I'd fiile a bug report if I had any idea how to reproduce this.  So
> instead I'll ask:  What might cause this?  How can I repair?  Is a full
> shutdown likely to help, or do I have to resort to ndb_restore, or
> worse?
>

> Grateful for any help,
>

> Jeff

Thread
Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
  • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJonas Oreland1 Jul
    • RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
      • Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableHendrik Woltersdorf1 Jul
        • RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
          • Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableHendrik Woltersdorf1 Jul
            • RE: Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
              • Re: Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJohn David Duncan1 Jul
  • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableTobias Asplund1 Jul
    • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJohan Andersson1 Jul
    • RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul