List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Sturm Date:July 1 2009 2:40am
Subject:Cannot drop or create NDB table
View as plain text
I have an NDB table (6.2.15) that appears to have been partially
created.  My problem is getting rid of it so I can re-create properly.

In mysql, I see:

mysql> create table contest_entry (id integer primary key);

ERROR 1050 (42S01): Table 'contest_entry' already exists

mysql> drop table contest_entry;

ERROR 1051 (42S02): Unknown table 'contest_entry'

Hmm.  Trying from NDBAPI:

[root@dbs02 ~]# ndb_show_tables | grep promodb | grep contest_entry

929   UserTable            Online   Yes     promodb def
contest_entry

So the table does exist, has id 929, is online, etc.  However, unlike
the other tables, it is lacking a TableEvent, and I still can't drop it:

[root@dbs02 ~]# ndb_drop_table -d promodb contest_entry

Dropping table contest_entry...

723: No such table existed

NDBT_ProgramExit: 1 - Failed

I'd fiile a bug report if I had any idea how to reproduce this.  So
instead I'll ask:  What might cause this?  How can I repair?  Is a full
shutdown likely to help, or do I have to resort to ndb_restore, or
worse?

Grateful for any help,

Jeff

Thread
Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
  • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJonas Oreland1 Jul
    • RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
      • Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableHendrik Woltersdorf1 Jul
        • RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
          • Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableHendrik Woltersdorf1 Jul
            • RE: Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul
              • Re: Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJohn David Duncan1 Jul
  • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableTobias Asplund1 Jul
    • Re: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJohan Andersson1 Jul
    • RE: Cannot drop or create NDB tableJeff Sturm1 Jul