List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Augusto Bott Date:June 22 2009 4:56pm
Subject:Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full error
View as plain text
May I ask what's the data structure?
Are you using 32/64bit binaries/arch?
Did you check if the ndbd process can actually access all the memory it's
configured to use?
Any other limitations in place?
Can you please provide more details on that configuration of yours (like
index data size?)

Also, keep in mind that 'table is full' errors in MySQL can happen for a
multitude of reasons, not necessarily because there is no more room for rows
on a table.

Just my $0.02.

--
Augusto Bott

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:12, Giovane <gufrgs@stripped> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to use mysqlcluster to store  data on DISK, instead of main
> memory.
>
> However,when I'm importing the data into the database, I still get the
> folllowing error:
> "ERROR 1114 (HY000): The table 'table' is full"
>
> I'm aware that, by default, Mysql cluster store data in memory. So ,
> as suggested by Andrew   (http://lists.mysql.com/cluster/6629), I used
>  tablespaces to address this.
> I created it large to enough to store the data and also defined
> explicitly that the table should be stored on disk.
> But I still get the error.
>
> Does anybody have any idea why?
>
> Here is the summary of what I did:
>
> 1.  NDB config file: set NoOfReplicas to 1 (I don't need redudancy, I
> just wanna speed up the process).
>
> 2. Followed Andrew's suggestion  (http://lists.mysql.com/cluster/6629)
> on how to store data on disk on cluster (instead of the default in
> memory), by using tablespaces. So I basically:
>
>   2.a) Create the log files: CREATE LOGFILE GROUP lg_1  ADD UNDOFILE
> 'undo_1.log' INITIAL_SIZE 16M     UNDO_BUFFER_SIZE 2M     ENGINE
> NDBCLUSTER;
>   2.b) Create the tablespace: create tablespace ts3 add datafile
> 'DATAFILE3.data' USE LOGFILE GROUP lg_1 INITIAL_SIZE 3G ENGINE
> NDBCLUSTER;
>   2.c) Add more DATA FILES to the tablespace:
>           alter tablespace ts3 add datafile 'DATAFILE4.data'
> INITIAL_SIZE 3G ENGINE NDBCLUSTER;
>           alter tablespace ts3 add datafile 'DATAFILE5.data'
> INITIAL_SIZE 3G ENGINE NDBCLUSTER;
>           alter tablespace ts3 add datafile 'DATAFILE6.data'
> INITIAL_SIZE 3G ENGINE NDBCLUSTER;
>
> After that, I got reserved 12GB for this tablespace.
>
> 3. Create the DB (create database experimental;), and table
> (referencing the previous tablespace,  saying to store IN DISK)
>    CREATE TABLE `table` (
>      #columns here
> ) ENGINE=NDBCLUSTER DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 TABLESPACE ts3 STORAGE DISK ;
>
> 4. Import the data to the table (DATA = 4GB)
>   * load data infile .... into table table ...
>
> 5. Got an error (even though the tablespace is 12GB and my data is only
> 4GB).
> ERROR 1114 (HY000): The table 'table' is full
>
> Does anybody if is the correct procedure and why I am getting this error?
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Giovane

Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorGiovane22 Jun
  • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorAugusto Bott22 Jun
    • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorGiovane23 Jun
      • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorAugusto Bott23 Jun
        • RE: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorAndrew Morgan23 Jun
          • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorGiovane25 Jun
            • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorDavid Ennis25 Jun
              • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorGiovane25 Jun
  • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorice28 Sep