List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Giovane Date:June 22 2009 3:12pm
Subject:Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full error
View as plain text
Dear all,

I'm trying to use mysqlcluster to store  data on DISK, instead of main memory.

However,when I'm importing the data into the database, I still get the
folllowing error:
"ERROR 1114 (HY000): The table 'table' is full"

I'm aware that, by default, Mysql cluster store data in memory. So ,
as suggested by Andrew   (http://lists.mysql.com/cluster/6629), I used
 tablespaces to address this.
I created it large to enough to store the data and also defined
explicitly that the table should be stored on disk.
But I still get the error.

Does anybody have any idea why?

Here is the summary of what I did:

1.  NDB config file: set NoOfReplicas to 1 (I don't need redudancy, I
just wanna speed up the process).

2. Followed Andrew's suggestion  (http://lists.mysql.com/cluster/6629)
on how to store data on disk on cluster (instead of the default in
memory), by using tablespaces. So I basically:

   2.a) Create the log files: CREATE LOGFILE GROUP lg_1  ADD UNDOFILE
'undo_1.log' INITIAL_SIZE 16M     UNDO_BUFFER_SIZE 2M     ENGINE
NDBCLUSTER;
   2.b) Create the tablespace: create tablespace ts3 add datafile
'DATAFILE3.data' USE LOGFILE GROUP lg_1 INITIAL_SIZE 3G ENGINE
NDBCLUSTER;
   2.c) Add more DATA FILES to the tablespace:
           alter tablespace ts3 add datafile 'DATAFILE4.data'
INITIAL_SIZE 3G ENGINE NDBCLUSTER;
           alter tablespace ts3 add datafile 'DATAFILE5.data'
INITIAL_SIZE 3G ENGINE NDBCLUSTER;
           alter tablespace ts3 add datafile 'DATAFILE6.data'
INITIAL_SIZE 3G ENGINE NDBCLUSTER;

After that, I got reserved 12GB for this tablespace.

3. Create the DB (create database experimental;), and table
(referencing the previous tablespace,  saying to store IN DISK)
    CREATE TABLE `table` (
      #columns here
) ENGINE=NDBCLUSTER DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 TABLESPACE ts3 STORAGE DISK ;

4. Import the data to the table (DATA = 4GB)
   * load data infile .... into table table ...

5. Got an error (even though the tablespace is 12GB and my data is only 4GB).
ERROR 1114 (HY000): The table 'table' is full

Does anybody if is the correct procedure and why I am getting this error?

Thanks and regards,

Giovane
Thread
Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorGiovane22 Jun
  • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorAugusto Bott22 Jun
    • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorGiovane23 Jun
      • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorAugusto Bott23 Jun
        • RE: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorAndrew Morgan23 Jun
          • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorGiovane25 Jun
            • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorDavid Ennis25 Jun
              • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorGiovane25 Jun
  • Re: Tablespaces large enough, but still get table full errorice28 Sep