List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:May 7 2009 12:24pm
Subject:RE: Cluster error: The table '' is full
View as plain text
Giovane,

 MySQL Cluster is typically used as a fully in-memory data and so you can't
have the database exceed the amount of physical memory or the amount of
memory you configured Cluster to use. This would explain why you're seeing
an error. You do have the option to store some of your table data on disk
(however all indexes must be in memory) which would allow you to store your
4 GBytes of data; obviously, there will be a performance impact when reading
or writing disk-based data and so you should aim to use it for the data
which will be accessed less often. You can find the details for storing
table data on disk at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-cluster-excerpt/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-disk-dat
a.html

Regards, Andrew.

Andrew Morgan
MySQL Senior Product Manager - Sun Microsystems
andrew.morgan@stripped