List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Skold Date:July 1 2004 8:09am
Subject:Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machines
View as plain text
Hi all!

MySQL Cluster should be possible to run on both of these
setups. Each ndbd process is partly multi-threaded and can
utilize both processors efficiently. For larger SMP machines
we currently recommend running several ndbd processes on
the machine to better utilize the hardware. Fully multi-threaded
(like the MySQL server, mysqld) database nodes are planned for
future releases, but not in the near future.

BR
-- Martin

Devananda wrote:

> I also asked a similar question, but at the extreme opposite end of
> the spectrum.
> I would guess that no answer means that no one knows for certain yet,
> as this product is
> very young. Give it a go, hope for the best, run lots of benchmarks,
> and let us know the results! :)
> Once I can compile the cluster, I'm going to start doing just that
> myself.
>
> -Devananda
>
> Javier Ramos wrote:
>
>> Mmmmm
>>
>> I asked a similar question some days ago and nobody answered...
>> Should we
>> interpret the quietness as a NO?
>> This was my message...
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>>    I have four identical machines available to test mysql cluster, and I
>> would like to know if someone out there can tell me if I can run with
>> this
>> hardware. I saw the recommended configuration and I realise that I
>> have much
>> less memory. Also, my databases are not very big. All four nodes I have
>> available feature:
>>
>> * Dual Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 (Xeon) CPU 2.40GHz
>> * 2 GB RAM ( Much less than the suggested 16 GB, but my databases run
>> smoothly with 800 MB dedication to mysql )
>> * SATA Raid 1 with two 120 MB IDE drives
>> * I would have to install gigabit ethernet cards...
>>
>>    can I run with this hardware? for testing purposes? for production?
>>
>>    Thanks & best regards,
>>
>> Javier
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jimmy Brake" <jimmy@stripped>

Martin Sköld, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Office: +46 (0)730 31 26 21

Thread
setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesJimmy Brake30 Jun
  • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesJavier Ramos30 Jun
    • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesJimmy Brake30 Jun
    • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesDevananda30 Jun
      • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinestulin30 Jun
      • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesMartin Skold1 Jul
  • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesJavier Ramos1 Jul
    • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesMartin Skold1 Jul