List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:September 16 2004 5:41am
Subject:Re: DB node is too slow
View as plain text
Mikael Ronström wrote:
> Hi,
> I think that the best solution is to make the partition logic persistent
> such that the arbitrator works even in the system restart case.
>
> Rgrds Mikael
> PS. While waiting for such a feature one could easily add a config
> parameter that restarts even in this partitioned case.

there is already such a parameter (two actually): StartPartialTimeout &
StartPartitionedTimeout.

* StartPartialTimeout
   controls how long a node will wait for _all_ other nodes before
   proceeding with start

* StartPartitionedTimeout
   controls how long a node will wait for unpartitioned state before
   proceeding with start.

Setting both of them to a low value, will make single db node start
quickly in two node configuration (2 replicas)

/Jonas

> 2004-09-15 kl. 20.24 skrev Crouch, Luke H.:
>
>> the db nodes only come up when there is sufficient number of nodes to
>> come up. since your cluster was only a 2 node cluster, the first db
>> node was waiting for the 2nd one to come up because the 2nd node
>> contained the active fragment of half the database. in a situation
>> where the 2 nodes are both up and one goes down, the other knows to
>> make itself active on both fragments of the db.
>>
>> I think it's a good question about bringing up just one node after a
>> 2-node crash. and the first thing I thought of was the same - changing
>> the config.ini to a one node config, restarting with -i and then
>> restoring a backup. but that gives you a lot of down-time and then
>> more downtime when you want to go back up to a 2-node setup.
>>
>> I'm interested to hear what the MySQL guys would say about this...
>>
>> -L

Jonas Oreland, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Thread
DB node is too slowYannis Tsakiris15 Sep
RE: DB node is too slowLuke H. Crouch15 Sep
  • Re: DB node is too slowMikael Ronström15 Sep
    • Re: DB node is too slowJonas Oreland16 Sep
  • Re: DB node is too slowYannis Tsakiris16 Sep