List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Magnus Svensson Date:September 15 2004 8:48am
Subject:Re: Unable to Start Cluster
View as plain text
Hi,

We need some more information, please send your config.ini so that we
can check your configuration and describe exactly what you did to
produce this problem.

Did the error message change when you changed the portnumber?

Best regards
Magnus

--
Magnus Svensson, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 18:58, Dennis Steele wrote:
> Hi Mikael,
>
> We checked, there are no other ndbd processes running AND we tried using two
> different transporter ports.
>
> Any other suggestions.
>
> Dennis
>

> Mikael Ronström wrote:
>
> > Hi Dennis,
> > This is an extremely common problem that I also get every now and
> > then. It means that another ndb
> > process is still running and using the port. In my case usually
> > because I forgot to clean away my old
> > cluster test case processes and in some cases because another designer
> > is using the same machine
> > for another cluster using the same port numbers.
> >
> > Rgrds Mikael
> >
> > 2004-09-13 kl. 19.19 skrev Dennis Steele:
> >
> >> I have tried to start the cluster and I am getting this error:
> >>
> >> Unable to setup transporter service port: 28002!
> >> Please check if the port is already used,
> >> (perhaps a mgmtsrvrserver is already running)
> >> globalTransporterRegistry.start_service() failed
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Dennis
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > Mikael Ronström, Senior Software Architect
> > MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
> >
> > Clustering:
> > http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/04/14/HNmysqlcluster_1.html
> >
> > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1567546,00.asp

Thread
Unable to Start ClusterDennis Steele13 Sep
  • Re: Unable to Start ClusterMikael Ronström14 Sep
    • Re: Unable to Start ClusterDennis Steele14 Sep
      • Re: Unable to Start ClusterMagnus Svensson15 Sep
        • Re: Unable to Start ClusterDennis Steele17 Sep
          • Re: Unable to Start ClusterMagnus Svensson25 Sep