List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:September 14 2004 12:43am
Subject:replication question
View as plain text
I understand that replication can be used with MySQL Cluster. I'd imagine
one use might be the replicate the cluster (MASTER) to a single-box (SLAVE),
and to use the slave for offline backups. Three questions.

1) if the MASTER table is type=NDB, does it have to be type NDB on the
   SLAVE as well?

2) if so, could you have a 1-node cluster?

3) what's the benefit of using MySQL Cluster's built-in BACKUP functionality
   versus using a SLAVE dedicated to backups?

Thanks for any responses.

-- Jim