List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:September 13 2004 11:49pm
Subject:possible to bring up a subset of nodes?
View as plain text
Using a 4-node cluster with 2 replicas, my testing has shown that a running
cluster will continue to run with a subset of DB nodes, as long as all data is
present. This is as expected :)

But testing also show it is not possible to bring up just a subset of nodes.

In practice, this means that if I'm lucky enough to have the "right" 2 nodes
crash in a 4-node cluster, I'd best not shut them down for even a few seconds,
for if I do the cluster won't be able to restart until all 4 nodes can be
brought back online.

Is this observation accurate? Comments?

-- Jim