List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Javier Ramos Date:June 30 2004 5:58pm
Subject:Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machines
View as plain text
Mmmmm

I asked a similar question some days ago and nobody answered... Should we
interpret the quietness as a NO?
This was my message...

Hi,

    I have four identical machines available to test mysql cluster, and I
would like to know if someone out there can tell me if I can run with this
hardware. I saw the recommended configuration and I realise that I have much
less memory. Also, my databases are not very big. All four nodes I have
available feature:

* Dual Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 (Xeon) CPU 2.40GHz
* 2 GB RAM ( Much less than the suggested 16 GB, but my databases run
smoothly with 800 MB dedication to mysql )
* SATA Raid 1 with two 120 MB IDE drives
* I would have to install gigabit ethernet cards...

    can I run with this hardware? for testing purposes? for production?

    Thanks & best regards,

Javier