List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:tulin Date:September 7 2004 8:20pm
Subject:Re: no free nodeid 6 for nodetype 0
View as plain text
Douglas,

Sorry for the inconvenience of the config param name changes.  I hope you fill
find the changes we've made to be to the better.

On you error message:

In 4.1.3 there was no check that two nodes if there were 2 nodes connecting with
the same nodeid (would typically make the nodes hang indefinitely...).  Now
there is such a check. The error message you get indicates that there is
already a node up and running with node id 6 or that nodeid 6 of the correct
type.  Please run "ndb_mgm" and the command "show", this will indicate which
nodes are already connected, and what nodeid's are available for which
nodetype.  When looking at you config file below it looks like your ndbd/DB
nodes should have id's 1 and 2, and hence you should have nodeid=1 or 2 in your
connectstring.

Note:  with 4.1.5 you can also leave out nodeid in your connectstring and the
mysqld should get a free available nodeid.  Note also that there is a command
line option for the connectstring to the mysqld that you then can use either on
the command line:
mysqld --ndbcluster --ndb-connectstring=bush:2200
or as I personally would prefer in my.cnf:
[mysqld]
ndbcluster
ndb-connectstring=bush:2200

BR,