List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:September 7 2004 4:22am
Subject:Re: Using non hostname network interface
View as plain text
James --

The answer may lie in /etc/hosts. Two things I did to get MySQL Cluster working
over additional NICs.

1. Remove your box's hostname from the
    " localhost.localdomain localhost" line of /etc/hosts.
    Add it back on a separate line like here:

    [root@box01 root]# cat /etc/hosts
    # that require network functionality will fail.               localhost.localdomain localhost             box01             box02             box03             box04       serpico

    More info on this in the thread "DB node hang on start" back in June 04:

    >simply before I had the hostname of each machine listed
    >in the entry in /etc/hosts.
    >Moving that entry on both machine to the eth0 ipaddr
    >instead of made averything work....

2. For all boxes in the cluster that should communicate on a private network,
    I had to use their private network address (e.g. 10.0.1.x) in /etc/hosts.

This worked for me.

-- Jim

--- James MacLean <macleajb@stripped> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> Just a newbie to the ndbcluster.  Using nightly snapshot.
> Wanted to have the traffic go over the NICs that are directly connected
> to each other. Ndbd refuses to start saying that the IPs I want to use
> do not resolve to the hostname. Saw the [TCP] hostname[12] sections, but
> they did not appear to do the trick. Something obvious needed to make
> this work, or must I change the IP my hostname resolves to?
> If a "delete from table" fails with the out of memory problem, I must
> stop (sometimes force down) the mysql server and restart it, otherwise
> attempts to use the table hang :(. Once I restart the mysql and remember
> to use the "limit" parm, things go better :).
> The docs say to use "where rownum < 1000" but that always results in an
> error about rownum not existing :(. Something to be done to make that
> value exist, or is that not available to mysql?
> thanks,

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-pkcs7-signature name=smime.p7s

Do you Yahoo!?
Using non hostname network interfaceJames MacLean7 Sep
  • Re: Using non hostname network interfaceJim Hoadley7 Sep