List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Hoadley Date:September 7 2004 4:22am
Subject:Re: Using non hostname network interface
View as plain text
James --

The answer may lie in /etc/hosts. Two things I did to get MySQL Cluster working
over additional NICs.

1. Remove your box's hostname from the
    "127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost" line of /etc/hosts.
    Add it back on a separate line like here:

    [root@box01 root]# cat /etc/hosts
    127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
    10.0.1.211             box01
    10.0.1.212             box02
    10.0.1.213             box03
    10.0.1.214             box04
    192.168.1.220       serpico

    More info on this in the thread "DB node hang on start" back in June 04:

    >Solved!
    >
    >simply before I had the hostname of each machine listed
    >in the 127.0.0.1 entry in /etc/hosts.
    >Moving that entry on both machine to the eth0 ipaddr
    >instead of 127.0.0.1 made averything work....

2. For all boxes in the cluster that should communicate on a private network,
    I had to use their private network address (e.g. 10.0.1.x) in /etc/hosts.

This worked for me.

-- Jim