List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:September 2 2004 3:49pm
Subject:Re: Database Storage Capacity.
View as plain text
Mikael Ronström wrote:

> We are in the works of making it possible to store tables on disk (using
> a page cache in memory). It will still be possible to have tables with
> ALL data in RAM.
> So the choice will be on the user on a table-by-table basis whether
> tables will be disk-based or RAM-based (actually NDB will even be able
> to handle mixed
> tables where the decision is made on attribute level). All indexes will
> still be RAM-based.
>
> The way MySQL works with its development you can follow the development
> to some extent by watching the commit logs which is sent to the
> internals mailing list.
>
> Rgrds Mikael

Awesome! When this is pushed to the bk tree, I'll take a look at if it will be possible
for us to use the cluster after all. Could you explain what is meant by: "actually NDB
will even be able to handle mixed tables where the decision is made on attribute level"?

Thanks for all the great work!

Devananda
Neopets, Inc
Thread
Database Storage Capacity.Faraz Khan30 Aug
  • Re: Database Storage Capacity.Olivier Kaloudoff30 Aug
    • Re: Database Storage Capacity.Mikael Ronström30 Aug
      • Re: Database Storage Capacity.Faraz Khan30 Aug
        • Re: Database Storage Capacity.Olivier Kaloudoff30 Aug
        • Re: Database Storage Capacity.Devananda31 Aug
          • Re: Database Storage Capacity. (addendum)Devananda31 Aug
          • Re: Database Storage Capacity.Clint Byrum31 Aug
          • Re: Database Storage Capacity.Faraz Khan1 Sep
            • Re: Database Storage Capacity.John David Duncan1 Sep
              • Re: Database Storage Capacity.Faraz Khan1 Sep
          • Re: Database Storage Capacity.Mikael Ronström1 Sep
            • Re: Database Storage Capacity.Devananda2 Sep
            • Re: Database Storage Capacity.Douglas K. Fischer4 Sep
      • New TransportSundeep Narravula31 Aug
        • Re: New TransportTomas Ulin31 Aug
          • Re: New TransportMikael Ronström31 Aug
            • Re: New TransportSundeep Narravula31 Aug