List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jimmy Brake Date:June 30 2004 5:20pm
Subject:setting up mysql cluster on smallish machines
View as plain text
Hi!

We would like to setup mysql cluster on our cluster of Athlon 850 ~ 2200
mghz servers that have between 512 to 1024 megabytes of memory per
machine and run Suse 9.0 as the OS. We have about 10 servers we can
dedicate to a mysql cluster.  Will the mysql cluster software work on
machines this small as compared to the monster machine recommended on
mysql.com? If mysql cluster will work on these machines will the
performance be as good or better than the present production release of
mysql?

At present we have 2 mysql servers that answer about 60 requests per
second and are setup with in a master / slave setup. The load average on
these machines is about  .03 on average. Our small (family owned and
operated) business is growing at a modest pace and we would like to not
invest in large machines and would prefer to continue to invest in many
small machines(which we have had better luck with).

Jimmy

Thread
setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesJimmy Brake30 Jun
  • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesJavier Ramos30 Jun
    • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesJimmy Brake30 Jun
    • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesDevananda30 Jun
      • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinestulin30 Jun
      • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesMartin Skold1 Jul
  • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesJavier Ramos1 Jul
    • Re: setting up mysql cluster on smallish machinesMartin Skold1 Jul