List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brancaleoni Matteo Date:June 30 2004 5:37pm
Subject:Re: NDB Cluster on multiple computers
View as plain text
have you tried starting ndbd on computer 1 with the
flag -i (ie ndbd -i )

matteo.
Il mer, 2004-06-30 alle 19:30, Jim Hoadley ha scritto:
> Here's an update. Getting close to a 2-node cluster that can survive either
> node
> crashing.
>

> >  - although the cluster can survive shutting down the node on the "second
> > computer," the MySQL daemon dies when shutting down the node on computer 1
> > (on which the manager and API are running).
>

> I turned off iptables and now MySQL does not crash when shutting down the
> node on computer 1. Does anyone know which ports/protocols should be allowed in
> iptables other than 2200, 2201, 2202, ... and 3306. In production I'd like to
> enable iptables.
>

> >  - leaving that running, both nodes would eventually crash after 6+ hours,
> > and bringing it all back up with the data intact was not possible.
>

> This no longer happens.
>

> Previously I was unable to compile a version on an AMD-based PC. The
> code snapshot from 6/28 did compile, though, and now it's in my test cluster.
>

> I'm to get the API running on multiple computers too.
>
> Those are good things, and I feel I'm making progress. Here's a rundown of what
> works:
>

> MySQL Cluster with MGM, 2 DBs, API all on computer 1 works.
> MySQL Cluster with MGM, 2 DBs, API all on computer 2 works.
> MySQL Cluster with MGM, 2 DBs, API all on computer 3 works.
> MySQL Cluster with MGM, DB and API on computer 1, DB on computer 2:
>   - runs fine uninterrupted
>   - when I stop DB on computer 2, all is OK
>   - when I bring the DB on computer 2 back into cluster, all is OK
>   - when I stop DB on computer 1, all is OK
>
> Here's my problem: I can't bring the DB on computer 1 back into the cluster.
> Could someone else try this test and see if they have a similar problem? Any
> ideas? Thanks.
>
> -- Jim
>
>    Jim Hoadley
>    Sr Software Eng
>    Dealer Fusion, Inc
>
> --- Jim Hoadley <j_hoadley@stripped> wrote:
> > Tomas --
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. The information in Matteo's post solved my problem
> > too:
> >
> >   > Solved!
> >
> >   > simply before I had the hostname of each machine listed
> >   > in the 127.0.0.1 entry in /etc/hosts.
> >   > Moving that entry on both machine to the eth0 ipaddr
> >   > instead of 127.0.0.1 made averything work....
> >
> > Now I've got another hang up.
> >
> > I've got MySQL Cluster running with the MGM, DB1 and API on a host named
> > edsel,
> > and DB2 on a host named cooler.
> >
> > When I stop DB2 all is good. MySQL clients can still use the database.
> > However
> > when I stop DB1, mysqld crashes (tries to restart and can't). At this point I
> > can restart DB1, then restart mysqld and everything is fine again.
> >
> > Tomas, any ideas? Matteo have you tried this sort of test?
> >
> > The errors I see in the mysql client (running on a third computer) are:
> >
> > mysql> SELECT * FROM woohoo;
> [...]
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni@stripped>
Espia Srl

Thread
NDB Cluster on multiple computersJim Hoadley23 Jun
  • Re: NDB Cluster on multiple computersTomas Ulin23 Jun
    • Re: NDB Cluster on multiple computersJim Hoadley24 Jun
Re: NDB Cluster on multiple computersJim Hoadley30 Jun
  • Re: NDB Cluster on multiple computersBrancaleoni Matteo30 Jun
Re: NDB Cluster on multiple computersJim Hoadley1 Jul