List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:August 27 2004 6:10am
Subject:Re: adding ndb nodes?
View as plain text
I'll give it a test run tomorrow, but I'm fairly sure that you do not
need (or want) to do #1 or #5. backing up beforehand is of course a good
idea. At minimum,what needs to happen for the cluster configuration to
change, change the config.ini (while everything is running is fine),
then the next 3 steps I'm not sure what order to do in - start up the
new DB nodes (they wont be able to join the cluster at this point) then
restart the MGM node (then the new nodes will join the cluster) then
restart the old nodes, one at a time; or, restart the mgm node first, so
it rereads the config file, then startup the new nodes then restart the
old, or restart mgm, restart old, start up new nodes.

However, the dev's may well correct me on all this ;) I've just been
experimenting alot! hehehe...

Devananda
Neopets, Inc

Crouch, Luke H. wrote:
> the MySQL guys might correct me on some of this, but to rebuild the node with more db
> nodes, I think you would have to follow this procedure...
>
> 0. Use management node to create a global backup
> 1. Use management node to shut down all the db nodes
> 2. Shut down the management node
> 3. Change the config.ini file to include the new DB nodes
> 4. Bring up the management node
> 5. Bring up each of the db nodes with ndbd -i
> 6. Use the management node to restore from the global backup
>
> that's the process as I understand it to be...?
>
> -L

adding ndb nodes?Clint Byrum26 Aug
  • Re: adding ndb nodes?Devananda26 Aug
RE: adding ndb nodes?Luke H. Crouch26 Aug
  • Re: adding ndb nodes?Devananda27 Aug
    • ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]Tomas Ulin27 Aug
      • Re: ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]Devananda27 Aug
        • Re: ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]tulin27 Aug
      • Re: ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]Clint Byrum27 Aug
    • Re: adding ndb nodes?Mikael Ronström27 Aug
RE: adding ndb nodes?Luke H. Crouch26 Aug
RE: ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]Alex Wheeler27 Aug
RE: ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]Luke H. Crouch27 Aug