List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Devananda Date:August 26 2004 6:51pm
Subject:Re: adding ndb nodes?
View as plain text
Clint Byrum wrote:
> Hey guys, first off.. wow.. lots of good questions on this list lately.
> ;)
>
> Anyway, I think I have this right, but I'm not sure.
>
> Once the cluster is running.. say with 4 nodes .. can I add nodes later?
> I understand that 6 nodes is a no-no, but say I wanted to add 4 more
> nodes after the cluster has been running for a few months and has 5G of
> data in it.
>
> Here's how I think it works. Correct me where I'm wrong:
>
> 1) Add new nodes to the config on the management server.
> 2) Start the new nodes
> 3) restart the existing db and api nodes one by one
> 4) magically new nodes start getting new inserts.
>
> Or is it more complex than that?
>
> Thanks
> -cb

Hey :)

That's it. I've tested this twice myself, going from 4 to 8, it's not
difficult but I recommend trying it out a couple times before doing it
on live servers.

Devananda
Neopets, Inc
Thread
adding ndb nodes?Clint Byrum26 Aug
  • Re: adding ndb nodes?Devananda26 Aug
RE: adding ndb nodes?Luke H. Crouch26 Aug
  • Re: adding ndb nodes?Devananda27 Aug
    • ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]Tomas Ulin27 Aug
      • Re: ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]Devananda27 Aug
        • Re: ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]tulin27 Aug
      • Re: ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]Clint Byrum27 Aug
    • Re: adding ndb nodes?Mikael Ronström27 Aug
RE: adding ndb nodes?Luke H. Crouch26 Aug
RE: ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]Alex Wheeler27 Aug
RE: ALL READ [was: adding ndb nodes?]Luke H. Crouch27 Aug