List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luke H. Crouch Date:August 25 2004 4:49am
Subject:RE: Help me...!
View as plain text
I have no idea how to explain it in Russian...I only know some conversational Russian. but
here it is in English...

If you have 3 computers, each with 2 processors, I would suggest you run 4 DB nodes on 2
computers (2 nodes on each computer) and the MGM (and possibly some API nodes) on the 1st
computer.

so your config.ini would look like this:

[COMPUTER]
Id: 1
Hostname: computer1

[COMPUTER]
Id: 2
Hostname: computer2

[COMPUTER]
Id: 3
Hostname: computer3

[MGM]
Id: 1
ExecuteOnComputer: 1

[DB DEFAULT]
NoOfReplicas: 2
DataMemory: 600M
IndexMemory: 200M

[DB]
Id: 2
ExecuteOnComputer: 2
FileSystemPath: /var/node2/

[DB]
Id: 3
ExecuteOnComputer: 2
FileSystemPath: /var/node3/

[DB]
Id: 4
ExecuteOnComputer: 3
FileSystemPath: /var/node4/

[DB]
Id: 5
ExecuteOnComputer: 3
FileSystemPath: /var/node5/

[API]
Id: 6
ExecuteOnComputer: 1

[API]
Id: 7
ExecuteOnComputer: 1

with these settings, your maximum database size is 800M - 600M for the data and 200M for
indexes - limited by the comparatively small amount of RAM on those machines (MySQL
reccomends 16GB). you could set DataMemory and/or IndexMemory higher, but Cluster behaves
badly if it starts to use swap space, so you really want to have enough RAM to cover your
database size.

but, with this configuration, you will be maximizing the use of your processors...each
ndbd process will have its own processor, and each mysqld process will have its own
processor.

I hope that helps...I don't know of any Russian translation of the MySQL Cluster
manual...but I'd be willing to work on one with you and the MySQL guys maybe? unless they
already have someone who will be doing it?

-L