List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Magnus Svensson Date:August 24 2004 7:51am
Subject:Re: DB node problems across two PCs
View as plain text
Hi Craig,

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 15:10, Craig Steadman wrote:
> Hi thanks for responding ..   Yes Ndb.cfg contains
>
> nodeid=4;host=192.168.2.1:2200
>
> and also doing initial ndb startup with -i parameter already.
>
> I tried some different combinations of the above config
> and found that just having 192.168.2.1:2200 sorted the
> startup problem, so have 2 DB nodes each on seperate pc now.

Yes, in this way the ndb_mgmd will serve the starting ndbd the first
free nodeid available.

> When I tested the single node config I ran the instructions
> to create ctest table in database test using mysql console to mysqld.
> The ctest table still appears after initialising the ndb engine with
> -i parameter on node1 but is clear on node4 (added API node5), is there
> something i need to do in mysql to flush this as well.

When you do ndbd -i, all tables are deleted from NDB, but in each MySQL
Server there is also a .frm file(in your case ctest.frm). This file
represents one table to MySQL Server. I would imagine that if you do a
"SELECT * FROM ctest" you would get the error "Table does not exist".
Perform a "drop table ctest", then recreate the table and do a "SELECT *
FROM ctest" on both of your MySQL Servers.

To verify that the table is not in NDB, you can use the ndb_show_tables
command to list the tables in NDB. There is also the ndb_select_all
command.

Best regards
Magnus

--
Magnus Svensson, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Thread
DB node problems across two PCsCraig Steadman23 Aug
  • Re: DB node problems across two PCsMagnus Svensson23 Aug
    • Re: DB node problems across two PCsCraig Steadman23 Aug
      • Re: DB node problems across two PCsMagnus Svensson24 Aug
  • Re: DB node problems across two PCsMagnus Svensson23 Aug