List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Javier Ramos Date:June 24 2004 1:29pm
Subject:Suitable hardware for mysql cluster
View as plain text
Hi,

    I have four identical machines available to test mysql cluster, and I would like to
know if someone out there can tell me if I can run with this hardware. I saw the
recommended configuration and I realise that I have much less memory. Also, my databases
are not very big. All four nodes I have available feature:

* Dual Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
* 2 GB RAM ( Much less than the suggested 16 GB, but my databases run smoothly with 800 MB
dedication to mysql )
* SATA Raid 1 with two 120 MB IDE drives
* I would have to install gigabit ethernet cards...

    can I run with this hardware? for testing purposes? for production?

    Thanks & best regards,

Javier

Thread
Suitable hardware for mysql clusterJavier Ramos24 Jun