List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:CHRIS G (CHRIS) IHLING Date:August 20 2004 4:38pm
Subject:RE: Problem with management server communication.
View as plain text
All,
	This turned out to be a problem with the /etc/hosts file. It was defined like the
following.

127.0.0.1 lpsdev3-n1 localhost
Xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx lpsdev3-n2

I changed it to define the hostname to be its ip address.

127.0.0.1 localhost
Xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx lpsdev3-n1
Yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy lpsdev3-n2

This fixed the problem. I don't know how the db node interacts with the /ext/hosts file
but this caused them to communicate.

Thanks for all the help,

Chris