List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brancaleoni Matteo Date:June 24 2004 11:56am
Subject:Re: New to MySQL clustering
View as plain text
hi
> Alternatively, assuming all my tables can be converted to NDB I could
> make every single system that uses mysql into an API server, handling
> requests only from the that server, which should mean that there is no
> failover required for API nodes (and failover amongst the DB nodes is
> handled automagically anyhow).
>
> Does that make sense, or have I misunderstood the documentation?

sure, that's the way it should work.
for example, assuming you have 2 DB nodes with 4 web servers,
let run mysqld server on each webserver, so you'll have 4 API
connected to the DB nodes. so if one webserver dies,
the others will go on without problems.
In that way each client has its own api (mysqld) that
simply interfaces a standard application (web in this case)
to the cluster.

--
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni@stripped>
Espia Srl

Thread
New to MySQL clusteringJames Fidell24 Jun
  • Re: New to MySQL clusteringBrancaleoni Matteo24 Jun
    • Re: New to MySQL clusteringDevananda24 Jun
      • Re: New to MySQL clustering (typo)Devananda24 Jun